Part-Time Work Opportunity
Location: Bedford Place, Southampton
Salary: Competitive rates
Hours: 7 hours (approximately 17:30 to 00:30 TBC)
Role: Waiter/ Apprentice Mixologist
Duration: Trial night, 2 month probation period, with monthly rolling contract
Exciting Waiter/ Apprentice Mixologist opportunity to be part a new start-up cocktail company in the bustling Bedford Place area of Southampton. You will be working as part of a small team of motivated individuals that is bringing a prohibition-style cocktail experience to Southampton. The company is focussed on delivering the highest quality of service and being known for the best cocktails in Southampton cialis eu.
Our mission is to create an experience that Southampton does not currently offer: the most unique cocktails with an unparalleled level of service – and this is where you will fit in. Although the sector is heavily saturated with the typical bars and clubs found in any town, Bring & Mix strives to be different and is proud of the experience it provides. To ensure Bring & Mix is a success, we need a person who works well as an individual, but even better in a team.
As a Bring & Mix Waiter/ Apprentice Mixologist, your role will revolve around being front-of-house. Greeting guests and seating them at their tables, serving cocktails made by the Lead Mixologist, clearing tables of glasses, and helping with the maintenance of the glass stock.
You will be directly responsible for:
• Being proactive rather than reactive to the guests’ needs – dealing with comments and feedback as an opportunity to learn, and help drive the business forward.
• Delivering excellent customer service.
• Helping set-up before the first guests arrive and pack-down after the guests leave.
• Collecting cash and debit card payments.
• Front-of-house – greeting guests and taking them to their tables.
• Maintaining the floor so that the ambiance and atmosphere is retained.
• Clearing glasses from tables.
• Washing and drying glasses.
• Assisting the Lead Mixologist in the creation of cocktails, eventually creating cocktails for the guests.
The key attributes should be (but not limited to):
• You are not expected to have waiter experience. However it is useful, as service can get busy during the night and knowing how to deal with these stresses is beneficial. What we are looking for most is somebody who is willing to learn, and provide the excellent level of service we pride ourselves on.
• You are not expected to have an in-depth knowledge of cocktail making – we will provide you with on-the-job training so that techniques can be learned and improved, thereby enabling you to create the unique cocktails that Bring & Mix is now known for. We have every intention to have you be a mixologist (if this is something that interests you) and we will help you achieve this goal.
• Being a creative and inventive person who is able to think quickly on your feet and display an honest care for our customers.
• A high level of customer service with excellent communication skills.
• To be confident, fun, and energetic.
• To have the ambition to continually drive the business forward.
• To be professional in terms of their appearance and demeanour.
The role offers the successful applicant the opportunity to join a team of driven individuals keen to see the business succeed and we are always keen to help further your career whether in the bartending of business sector. This is your chance to be part of an exciting dynamic new start-up that is leading the way for cocktail experiences in Southampton.
Send your CV and covering email to: [email protected]